25 Mar 2015

My Faith My Belief My Religion ISLAM

What is like being a muslim girl living in western society, especially in the UK.



Well being a Young Muslim Women is hard for any women, but being one is London makes even more harder, well there something called peer pressure and trying to fit and wishing be like the cool kids, you see what i did there ( lyrical reference to Echo smiths Cool Kids song) i guess not, well anyways it is hard including for me, since i was bullied when i was little for just well for being me, but going to secondary school was even harder especially a girls school , where people cared about was looks and the way you dressed and talking about having boyfriends and boys.


While me on the other hand i was never those girls who cared about how my uniform looked and talk to the boys from schools next door i have been  the girl who wore the Hijab and understanding and learning what it means to be a muslim and i had my phases and to be honest i had my moment.


Proud to be Hijabi
  To me, right now being a muslim  and wearing hijab it symbolising who i am and i am proud of that, because being a muslims, is all about Peace, Respect, Love , Pure and Kindness and being Honest.

Being a muslim doesn't stop you doing what you love, it makes sure you do it the right way.


But now being a Muslim in 2015, its changing things, since the post 9/11 and the terror attack that have been committed by 'Muslim' and ISIS , which makes it easier for people to judge and have islamophobia views upon Muslims. Despise all that i will still practices my religion and still be proud to wear Hijab.








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig